Profile / English
an ancient character artist ”天 遊 TEN-YOU “
2007 Feb Independent!
- Ancient Characters are primary source of our inspiration to draw these calligraphy art. Started“TEN-YOU-GUMI” CalligraphyArt Group at Buddhist temple.
- TEN-YOU has successfully organized an exhibition at Japanese Embassy of New Zealand.
2008 During one month, Ten-you First exhibition at Tokyo. And more exhibition.
“Dragon(WATER GOD) exhibition & live writing” The rock garden in temple(Tokyo) in outdoor exhibition.
- Designers art market at Tokyo midtown in Roppongi.
- Second exhibition/ talkshow with Mr.katsumi ASABA (best famuse Art-desiner)
- Japan-Belgium Letter Arts Exhibition at Yokohama (BankART StudioNYK)
Winning prize case choice history
- 2009 Aug Japan-Belgium Letter Arts Exhibition
- 2010 0ct Finearts exposition internationale d’art.( salon de mai,Paris)
The exhibition of overseas
- 2007 Japanese Embassy of New Zealand.
- 2009 France army
- 2010 Spain, Barcelona, France, Japanese Embassy of Denmark
- 2011 Tours, France [Xxart.] Invited artists , New York [Japan Day] official artist amd more…
- 2012 Tours, France [YAMATO le Japon en Tourraine] Invited artists
About Ancient Chinese Characters
Ancient Chinese Characters refers to those characters found on turtle shells, bones or bronze inscriptions from the time of “Yin” or “Shang” dynasty(17th BC – 11th BC), one of the oldest Chinese in the historical record. “Shang writing” is directory ancestral to the modern Chinese script. Turtle Shells and bones are often used in order to record the oracle between God and King.
Those ancient characters were sacred and contained a lot of special meanings.
It was a time when heaven and earth met through the ladder of oracle between God and King. Ancient people were showing much reverence and thankfulness to the nature and lived in it with harmony, accepting both life and death as natural cycle.
It is remarkable to know that there are only 3,000 characters initially that are the root of most of the contemporary Chinese characters, which currently exist around 50,000. As for Japanese people, it is fascinating to find out original meaning of one’s name that has been derived from these characters.